Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Travel // The City Of Townsville









Arrived in the beautiful city of Townsville on Thursday morning, boy oh boy was it hot! nothing compared to Christchurch, its a different kind of heat here.. more humid than anything! So far since i've been here the temperature has been 32+ today it got to a whooping 36 degrees!! luckily I piled on the sunblock otherwise I would be burning as I haven't seen much sun over christmas since I had been working full time. I have enjoyed seeing the views and travelling around doing the typical touristy things. I even got up at 6am and walked up castle hill, surprisingly lots of locals do it too as its not as hot in the morning (but still very hot for me) haha. Also drove all the way out to Burdekin Dam took a few hours and saw a lot of cows but was definitely worth the long drive.

A Few things I have seen so far:

  • Castle Hill
  • Mt Stuart
  • Alligator Creek
  • Burdekin Falls Dam
  • Charters Towers

JAX 

No comments:

Post a Comment